This is a free PDF supplied by International Chamber of Shipping (ICS).
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for Ship Operators for the Protection of the Health of Seafarers, Fourth Edition
This Guidance has been produced by International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) to help shipping companies and seafarers follow health advice provided by United Nations agencies and others in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease, which has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), under the WHO International Health Regulations (IHR).
The Guidance is for use on all types of ship and tries to take into account the needs of both cargo and passenger ships. It is recognised that cargo ships are unlikely to have a fully trained doctor or nurse on board and that medical treatment on cargo ships will be provided by a crew member with training to Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) medical requirements.
This fourth edition replaces the ICS guidance published in September 2020 and should be read in conjunction with the three COVID-19 guidance documents published by ICS in 2021.
New in the Fourth Edition:
- An updated introduction reflecting the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- A new section on myth busting advice during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- A new section on COVID-19 vaccines;
- Updated downloadable posters, including three new posters featuring safety guidance for ashore and on board and mental health support for seafarers; and
- Two updated annexes with guidance on the use of masks and decision making for possible or confirmed COVID-19 cases on board.
(e-Books are equivalent digital PDF copies of their hardcopy counter part version. They differ from e-readers in the fact that they do not require additional software for viewing but require a Adobe PDF viewer. Please allow up to 24 hours for this digital publication to be assigned to you.)