My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
For use of multiple digital publications, please check out our software SPICA e-Reader. SPICA E-Reader provides a full digital technical library for maritime use. It provides all of the books needed on board in an easy-to-use digital format all while helping your vessel stay compliant with SOLAS Chapter V Regulations.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON E-BOOKS OR E-READERS.
IMO e-Reader Information
IMO e-Reader files are fully bookmarked, indexed and presented in EBK file format which is viewed using the IMO Bookshelf software. The IMO Bookshelf is a Windows-only software. Macs, iPhone, iOS and Android phones are not supported.
Please be aware that the e-Reader software and any purchased titles are locked to a single computer. You can print 10% of the text (approximately a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles (Please note: e-readers are NOT a pdf).
Once purchased, this e-Reader CANNOT be downloaded from this website. One of our team members will set up your account with IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail along with instructions on how to retrieve your e-Reader. If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, American Nautical Services will add your purchased e-product to your account and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
System Requirements for IMO eReader for IMO Bookshelf Software
- XP SP2/SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 / 8.1 update (except RT Tablets) and Windows 10 Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4, 4.5 or 4.6 (always preinstalled, except on Windows XP where .NET 2.0 must be installed manually first in the unlikely situation where it is not installed already). - Hard Disk space required by the program: approx. 700 MB.
- Minimum 1024x 768 resolution.
Installation notes – December 2019.
IMO e-Book Information
e-Books are the equivalent to digital PDF copies of their hardcopy counter part version. They differ from e-readers in the fact that they do not require the IMO Bookshelf software for viewing.
Once purchased, this e-Book CANNOT be downloaded from this website. One of our team members will set up your account and will send you the login credentials by e-mail along with instructions on how to retrieve your e-Book. If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, American Nautical Services will add your purchased e-product to your account and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
IMO Web Subscription
The Web Subscriptions are used with an online account controlled by a username and password. It provides access to the full text of the title for 12 months. The web subscription also includes certain past editions and amendments or supplements to the title.
IMO Web Subscriptions are a yearly subscription for certain popular book titles. A single license gives one user access from any location with internet access. After your purchase we will send you an email with login details to your IMO Virtual Publications account where you will be able to access your subscription. The web subscription also includes certain past editions and amendments or supplements to the title.
Witherbys e-Book Information
eBooks are equivalent digital copies of their hardcopy counterpart version. Standalone eBooks are supplied with 1 license + 1 backup and are not transferable between platforms. Remote desktop services (Terminal Services) and virtual environments are not supported. The Windows eBook Reader works with Windows XP or later OS (But not windows RT).
Once purchased, this e-Book CANNOT be downloaded from this website. One of our team members will set up your account and will send you the login credentials by e-mail along with instructions on how to retrieve your e-Book.
System Requirements for Witherby eBooks
- Windows XP SP2/SP3 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8, 8.1, 8.1 update (except RT Tablets) / Windows 10 Operating System (32 bits or 64 bits) or the latest Windows.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 (preinstalled in Vista/Windows 7, otherwise installed by the program). You can check the framework(s) installed on your PC using the following utility.
- Hard Disc space required by the program: approximately 100 MB.
- Hard Disc space required by each eBook: approximately 1 MB to 50 MB depending on the content (average size = 5 MB)
- Minimum 1024x 768 resolution.
A Note for Mac Users from Witherby Publishing:
Mac users can read Windows eBooks with Boot Camp or virtual machines such as Parallels Desktop, Virtual Box, …
Alternatively, Cloud (online) eBooks are accessible on Mac, including the Silverlight plugin with offline mode.