- Resources & Information
Your comprehensive guide to captaining your own boat
Whether you're a nautical novice or an experienced boater, this friendly guide explains everything you need to know about owning and operating a power boat. From the basics of safe seamanship and docking and mooring techniques to necessary equipment, routine maintenance, and hosting guests, you'll discover how to get the most out of this exciting sport.
Power up to be a boater-- determine what type of boat is right for you, set your boat budget, and get trained and licensed
Gear up for safety and fun -- select quality safety gear, secure and protect your boat, and make a splash with watersports activities
Handle your boat like a pro -- tow your boat, maintain your trailer, launch and load your boat, and drive properly and safely
Be a responsible boater -- know boating rules and regulations, read boat lights, and understand navigation markers
Keep your boat shipshape -- perform maintenance and minor repairs (and know when to call a mechanic), and get your boat ready for winter and spring
Open the book and find:
- Eight pages of color photos featuring different types of power boats available
- Details on all types of power boats, from fishing to sport
- Info on boating exams and safety courses
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations for operating your boat
- Anecdotes from the author to help you avoid mistakes
- Checklists for buying new and used boats
- Tips on docking, rafting up, and anchoring
- Options and guidance on how and where to store your boat
American Nautical Services, Inc.
3311 S Andrews Ave, Suite 11
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
United States of America
We will send you a notification as soon as this product is available again.
We don't share your email with anybody