NFPA 10: Portable Fire Extinguishers
Select, use, and maintain portable fire extinguishers that are appropriate to the hazard. Don't work without the latest edition of NFPA 10.
Portable fire extinguishers are a critical first line of defense against small fires. For the best protection, be sure to select, use, and maintain extinguishers using the latest requirements as presented in the 2013 NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Update your knowledge on important provisions that impact safety. Reference the 2013 edition for:
- Reorganized and updated inspection and maintenance requirements
- Expanded coverage of Class D extinguishers
- Updated requirements for Halon extinguishers
- Expanded explanations and examples for distribution of portable extinguishers (Annex E)
Stay up-to-date! NFPA 10 is your complete, all-in-one source for fire extinguisher guidance.
Whether you're a servicer, facility manager or owner, or technician...you can depend on this important Standard for current, comprehensive rules for the distribution, placement, maintenance, operation, and inspection of equipment -- as well as testing and recharging.
Order today and help extinguishers maintain their record of effectiveness in protecting people and property from fire. (Softbound, 68 pp., 2013)
- National Fire Protection Association