- Resources & Information
Usually ready in 24 hours
The Nautical Almanac contains astronomical information to support bridge crews in routine and emergency celestial navigation, as well as the calculation of daylight hours and mandatory gyro checks. It is carried on every ship within the Royal Navy and is at the core of celestial navigational training courses worldwide.
The Nautical Almanac includes:
- Tabulations of the Sun, Moon, navigational planets and stars to help determine positions at sea when using a sextant
- Times of sunrise, sunset, twilights, moonrise and moonset, phases of the Moon and eclipses of the Sun and Moon to help bridge crews plan observations
- Interpolation and altitude correction tables, pole star tables and diagrams, and notes for the identification of stars and planets
- Information on standard times for countries around the world
- A concise set of sight reduction tables and sight reduction forms
In addition to paper format, this ADMIRALTY publication is available as ADMIRALTY e-Nautical Publications (AENP). AENPs bring improved efficiency, accuracy and access to information bridge crews need through electronic updating and simple search functionality. (Please Note: Admiralty e-NPs are not downloaded directly from the site. All e-NPs need to be assigned once it has been purchased.)
IMPA Code: 370602
American Nautical Services, Inc.
3311 S Andrews Ave, Suite 11
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
United States of America