Shipbroking and Chartering Practice
Shipbroking and Chartering Practice provides a practical guide to the law and economics of international shipbroking, the book explains the principles and their practical application.
This edition has been thoroughly updated and modernized to take account of new chartering practices, including references to new standard documents such as GENTIME and GENCOA which refers to new arbitration awards and updated information on UCP 600 (Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits). This also looks at the supporting of technical tools, methods to investigate the market and handle negotiations; all while providing excellent commentary throughout.
This book provides:
- An analysis of the various freight markets, means of communication and marketing
- Discussion of sales contracts and bills of lading, types of chartering as well as freight calculations and chartering routines
- Consideration of the standard charterparties available, some of the common considerations in selecting an appropriate charterparty and suitable clauses and legal principles and problems caused by time and voyage charter parties
- Overview of chartering, from a practical economic-administrative and legal point of view.
- Examination of the practical day-to-day matters of ships and ship financing, with particular emphasis on chartering work.
This highly practical work is a source of reference for those working in the transport sector, particularly in shipping:
- freight forwarders
- marine insurers
- claims handlers
- legal advisers
- Informa UK