My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code), 2 Volume Set
The IMDG Code has undergone many changes over the years, in both format and content, in order to keep up with the rapid expansion of the shipping industry. Amendment 39-18 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at its ninety-ninth session in May 2018.
Amendment 39-18 of the Code is mandatory as from 1 January 2020 but may be applied by Administrations in whole or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2019.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Code) contains sections on:
- General provisions, definitions and training
- Packing and tank provisions
- Consignment procedures
- Construction and testing of packaging, IBCs, large packaging, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
- Transport operations
Volume 2 contains part 3 (Dangerous Goods List, special provisions and exceptions), appendices A and B (generic and N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names, and glossary of terms) and an index.
WHAT IS THE IMDG CODE?
The IMDG Code is the global, international reference for shipping dangerous goods by maritime vessel on the water. The 2-volume IMO DG regulations is required for anyone shipping DG by water and features updates and revisions regarding packaging and storage requirements for all regulated hazardous materials.
- Adopted in the 1965
- Formed to prevent all types of sea pollution
- Ensures safe packaging and transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Applies to all cargo ships around the world
- Created per UN recommendations by the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Latest edition published in 2018, the 39th Amendment
2018 IMDG Code, 39th Amendment is Effective January 1, 2019 and Required January 1, 2020.
Please note that the sale price only applies for the hard-copy versions of the IMDG Code, 2018 Edition.
All sales are final and these books are non-returnable.