CTUpack e-learning: CTUpack Foundation Course
This is an e-learning foundation course for those involved in the loading and unloading of CTUs. The aim of the course is to support the training of consolidators and packers and to promote best practice.
The course takes account of the recent revisions to the IMO/ILO/UN ECE Code of Practice for the Packing of CTUs. It contains four main modules:
Cargo module - this module introduces the main types of cargo, physical characteristics and highlights what can go wrong.
Transport module - this module looks at how cargo is transported, the main types of equipment used, forces and stresses encountered during transport and route considerations.
Packing module - this module looks at the preparation and inspection of the CTU prior to packing, planning how to pack the CTU, manual and mechanical handling considerations, the packing process, securing materials, basic principles for packing and securing, closing the CTU and CTU security, documenting the shipment and insurance considerations.
Arrival module - this module looks at considerations when opening the CTU upon arrival, unpacking methods and inventories and removal of securing materials.
- Delivers high quality training with continuous testing of understanding
- Minimises training time away from normal duties
- Reduces costs
- Students can learn at their own pace or within timeframes set by course administrators
- Aligned with industry practice
- Flexible delivery options: available via web or as SCORM compliant content packages for national, regional or global training programs