Whether you go to sea under sail or power, your first passage overnight or out of sight of land should be one of life's most satisfying experiences. In this book Tom Cunliife, who is an instructor of enormous personal experience, guides you through all the techniques you need to master- and shows you how to draw them together in practice to ensure a smooth trip and safe landfall.
- A review of the basic arts of navigation
- How to predict the tide and make it work for you
- How to keep a realistic check on you navigational accuracy and modify your tactics accordingly
- An analysis of the vital relationship between the fix and the estimated position
- Safe and constructive use of electronic aids to navigation
- Passage planning for an enjoyable, satisfying voyage
- Passage making: a systematic, no-nonsense approach