NO MORE FLARES! Complete compliance kit! Fulfills USCG Night, Day, and audible distress signal requirements. TEST
Our new and improved eVDSD SOS C-1003 Beacon is redesigned from our Original Alternative to Pyrotechnic Flares, the wildly successful model C-1001 (discontinued).
Powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS flash pattern signal flashed through an even brighter and more potent LED, our Sirius Signal SOS C-1003 model is both family-safe and easy to use. Our optical design provides an omnidirectional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead. Improved flotation now even higher off the water, is visible up to 10 nautical miles, and the SOS C-1003’s beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress.
Fulfills carriage of all Coast Guard Compliant Visual Distress Signal (VDS) requirements (46 CFR 175.130) for recreational marine vessels 16 FT AND OVER signals when combined with our included Distress Flag. A quality Marine whistle is included to fulfill USCG audible signal requirements.
- Flashes USCG spec SOS signal for up to 60 hours
- Runs four times longer than USCG requirements
- Daytime orange distress flag included to fulfill daytime signal requirement.
- Quality marine whistle included to comply with USCG audible signal requirements
- LED power: 75 candelas
- Switch design: Self-cleaning twist-on
- Accidental switch activation protection
- Requires 3-C alkaline batteries — INCLUDED!
- CE (European Union compliant) RoHS compliant
- 4.5″ x 4.5″ x 8.5″ (Height)
- Weight without batteries: 0.41 lbs
- Weight with batteries: 0.8 lbs
- Shipping weight (with packaging): 1.7 lbs
- SKU: SSDC1003-W
- US Patent #9682754
Electronic Flare Use and Instructions | Sirius Signal SOS Distress Signal
Thank you for purchasing a SIRIUS SIGNAL product. Please read all the instructions before you use it. Your SIRIUS SIGNAL LED eVDSD device will give you years of trouble-free service if you follow these simple instructions:
OPERATION OF THE ELECTRONIC FLARE:
- To turn on, hold the device body in one hand and turn optical lens clockwise until the light turns on.
- To turn off the electronic flare, turn the lens optic counterclockwise and continue to turn it one full turn after the light goes off. This prevents the LED flare from turning on accidentally.
CAUTION: DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY INTO THE OPTIC WHEN IT IS OPERATING; DO NOT SHINE INTO THE EYES OF OTHERS. EYE DAMAGE CAN OCCUR! THIS ELECTRIC FLARE IS FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY!
Check for continuity of the O-RING/ seal by a visual check through the clear lower portion of the optical lens cap. A solid continuous black ring indicates a proper seal. Occasionally clean and lightly lubricate your O-RING and cap threads. USE ONLY SILICONE GREASE, NEVER USE AEROSOL SPRAY LUBRICANTS
IF YOUR LED eVDSD FLOODS
- Remove and discard batteries
- Flush body and all parts with warm fresh water; preferable distilled water. DO NOT USE SALT WATER.
- Dry thoroughly then check for damage or corrosion.
- Return to factory or replace parts as necessary (LED is only replaceable as unit).
Install only positive (+) end up towards optical lens cap. Use alkaline cells for best results.
Battery formulations can emit hydrogen gas. This gas can create an explosion potential in sealed devices if it is not vented or removed. The platinum catalysts included in our devices help remove this gas.
Do not insert batteries into eVDSD if electrical components are damaged or missing. Do not insert batteries backward or other than positive + end up. Do not mix batteries of different types or state of charge; always use fresh batteries of the same type.
Remove batteries from the device during long periods of storage. Remove exhausted, leaking or flooded batteries from the device immediately and DO NOT REUSE THEM, LEAKING BATTERIES CAN BE CORROSIVE OR CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION. Improper installation of the batteries may damage your LED eVDSD and void the warranty. FOLLOW BATTERY MANUFACTURE’S SUPPLIED SHELF LIFE GUIDELINES and EXPIRATION DATE ON BATTERY. Sirius Signal recommends checking and replacing batteries at the start of each season. For extended use carry spare batteries for additional run time.