The RYA Sail and Power Log book combine the previous RYA Sail and Power logbooks into one incredibly useful volume that is ideal for all cruising boaters.
This new logbook contains 90 logging pages and the bonus sections include IALA buoyage; international code flags; plotting essentials (which incorporates dead reckoning and estimated position); and common abbreviations for nautical terms.
Unique to the RYA, these logging pages also include space to enter the weather forecast at the time of voyage.
This new logbook has been designed to reflect more of the cruiser's needs than ever before.
The contents are as follows:
- 4: Introduction.
- 5: IALA Buoyage.
- 6: Code flags.
- 7: Plotting Essentials.
- 8–9: Distance Sailed in a Given Time.
- 10–11: Distance Covered in a Given Time (Motor).
- 12: Beaufort Scale.
- 13: Common Abbreviations (delete Deviation).
- 14–15: Example pages.
- 16–105: Log pages (Date box at top; Columns: Time, Course, Log, Distance, Leeway, Barometer, Wind, Cloud, Precipitation, Position, Engine (Oil/Temperature/RPM), Remarks; Forecast and crew box; Route box; Passage Totals/Running Totals/Engine Hours/Fuel box).
- 106–109: Waypoints.
- 110–111: Routes.
- 112–113: Service Data and Service Notes.
- 114–117: Engine log.
- 118–121: Equipment list.
- 122–123: Season Summary.
- 124–125: Name/Address/Telephone.
- 126–127: Notes.