Shippers, forwarders and agents worldwide use Hazcheck Online to check their DG shipments, produce documentation and to e-mail a booking request to their shipping line.
Hazcheck Online is the subscription-based Internet facility for shippers of dangerous goods. It is especially useful for occasional consignments and for document generation and transmission without the need for an in-house system.
Hazcheck Online will:
- Display key information on any hazardous substance or article listed in the IMDG Code
- Check that substances loaded together in a container or vehicle comply with the stowage and segregation requirements of the IMDG Code, including substance-specific requirements and Chemical Group prohibitions
- Check if shipments are allowed on passenger or cargo-only sailings
- Guide users through packaging checks and options, including inner and outer packaging limits and Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) types
- Display Limited Quantity exemptions that may be utilized
- Specify relevant portable tank container and road tank vehicle types
- When all the substances in the load have been processed, produce a Dangerous Goods Note (DGN) that can be saved on the user's computer, printed out and also sent to a selected shipping line as an e-mail. An EDI message that eliminates re-keying of the information by the shipping line can be automatically attached.
Hazcheck Online is simple and logical in operation. Users can check, add and delete substances as they build a load, arriving at the best solutions in compliance with IMDG Code requirements. All much quicker and more accurately than with manual methods.
What happens if I use up all my validation units before 12 months?
Your account remains active for use of the IMDG Code database until the end of the 12 month period. You can renew your subscription and both the database period and validation units start again.
What happens if there are unused validation units in my account at the end of the 12 month period?
You can carry them forward when renewing your subscription.
Can I renew my account before the 12 months are up and there are still some validation units left?
Yes, the 12 month period will re-start and your outstanding units will be carried forward.
Can I take as long as I want to process my load?
Yes, but you will be timed out if there is no activity for 30 minutes.
What happens if I need to leave processing a load before I have finished?
It will not be saved by Hazcheck Online. You need to complete the process and save the final dangerous goods note on your computer.
Can I see how many units I have left in my account?
Yes, the remaining validation units are displayed when you log on to Hazcheck Online and go to 'Manage my account'. You will also be warned when your units are getting low or the 12 month period is nearing its end.
What happens if Hazcheck Online shows that my load is invalid?
If your load is invalid for any reason (such as including two chemicals that cannot be stowed together) you will be shown the reason for the problem. You will have 'spent' a validation unit. You can abandon the load and re-start later, or can rectify the problem and re-validate. This will deduct a second validation unit from your account.
Can I share my subscription?
Yes. You can give your password to any other user and their validations will be deducted from your account. Only one user per password can access Hazcheck Online at the same time. For organisations with several offices dealing only with occasional dangerous goods loads, it might be economical to share an account. (Note: given the password, any user can access account management features, so shared passwords should be restricted to trusted users).
Is there any charge for support?
Email support is included in your subscription and covers problems or questions regarding the use of Hazcheck Online but not advice on a specific dangerous goods problem.
What is your refund policy?
Before subscribing please satisfy yourself that Hazcheck Online will meet your requirements. We will be pleased to answer your questions, and can offer access to a demonstration account for your review. No subscription refunds can be made.