Seamanship NotesThis straightforward book, helps to summarise the key elements of the Seamanship Syllabus for Deck Officers in a clear manner.
Studying for any Certificate of Competency can be a daunting task, not made easier by the need to plough through weighty text books and legislative publications. The Seamanship Notes book provides a comprehensive and usable alternative.
The book is split into three sections that cover the following items:
- Watchkeeping Procedures
- Ship handling
- Electronic Navigation Systems
- Key Legislation, MARPOL, STCW95
- ISPS code
Response to Emergencies
- Action in the event of emergencies onboard ship
- Responding to a distress
- LSA and FFA equipment carried onboard shipsX
- Witherby Seamanship International