Hazcheck Gateway is the web-based compliance tool for shippers, container shipping lines, ports and logistics operators.
Check dangerous goods bookings for IMDG Code compliance and against operator, vessel and port restrictions for selected sailings. 49 CFR validation option for shipping into/from the United States under the IMDG Code.
Hazcheck Gateway can interface with Hazcheck Enterprise, a powerful and comprehensive dangerous goods booking and management system, for integrated booking procedures.
Hazcheck Gateway with 49 CFR option
US shippers and shipping lines have to take account of both IMDG Code and 49 CFR for sea transport of hazmat. 49 CFR§ 171.22 authorizes, with certain conditions and limitation, the offering of transportation to, from, or within the United States in accordance with the IMDG Code so long as it complies with the limitations and exceptions stated in § 171.22, 171.23 and 171.25. Therefore, 171.22 allows the use of the IMDG Code for classifying, documenting, marking, labelling, placarding, stowing and segregating hazmat transported within the US provided it meets the limitations and exceptions within 171.22, 171.23 and 171.25.
- Simplifies and speeds dangerous goods processing
- Increases efficiency and enhances customer service - instant and accurate
- Supports staff in checking and complying with the IMDG Code and 49 CFR requirements
- Can be used as a standalone system or incorporated with booking systems to provide seamless dangerous goods validation
- Updated and maintained in line with IMDG Code Amendments and errata, and 49 CFR provisions
- Dual amendment during transition years
- Reduces error, improves efficiency and operational safety
IMDG Code substance enquiry
- Display key information on any substance or article listed in the IMDG Code or 49 CFR database
- Check if shipments are allowed on passenger or cargo-only sailings
- Substance name lookup in English, French or Spanish
Stowage and segregation validation check
Check that substances loaded together in a container or vehicle (CTU) comply with the stowage and segregation requirements of the IMDG Code, including, at the primary and subsidiary risk level, substance-specific requirements and chemical group prohibitions
- Easy to use packaging checks and options, including inner and outer packaging limits and Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) types
- Display Limited Quantity options
- Display relevant portable tank container and road tank vehicle types
Manage dangerous goods booked to sailings
- Check bookings against all IMDG Code and 49 CFR pre-entered operator, ship and port restrictions
- Generates pre-checked DG bookings - booking applications can be received as text emails for conventional processing or with attached IFTMBF message for direct input
- Produces a Dangerous Goods Note for printing and e-mailing as a booking application with EDI attachment for direct entry to operator's booking system
- Homepage interface can be fully customised including any operator specific interpretations or additional requirements
You can request access to a free trial system here.
- Server - Windows server 2000 or later, Internet Information Server (IIS) 5 or later, 20 Mb disk space
- Client - PC running Internet Explorer 5.0 or later