Guide to Port Entry Four Volume Set
Present on the bridge of the majority of commercial vessels, Guide to Port Entry is quite simply the most accurate and comprehensive information resource available to the shipping industry. It assists in planning port calls to over 9,700 global commercial ports and terminals.
Detailed port information laid out in logical sequence in over 70 headings. All featured data is the result of constant research and attention to detail, with worldwide authentication through the key port authorities and agents.
Many port entries benefit from Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced which are supplied by shipmasters, officers and others at the front end of the maritime industry. This invaluable information provides a unique insight into the facilities and conditions at the port encountered by fellow seafarers.
- Detailed port plans and mooring diagrams to provide valuable help to shipmasters approaching unfamiliar ports and berths.
- Over 9,700 commercial ports and terminals in over 186 counties, all reviewed and revised since the last edition
- 104 new ports and terminals are included
- 78 port information headings
- Over 5,585 port plans and mooring diagrams, designed and reviewed by our in-house cartographers
- Over 24,000 port service providers
- Over 2,200 Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced provided by fellow seafarers following port visits
- Over 1,600 cross references ensuring no duplicated information is listed
- All data is sourced directly from port authorities, agents or operators
Information in the port guide is laid out in logical sequence in over 70 headings. Please see the text features for more information. Port maps, plans and mooring diagrams, many georeferenced, provide valuable help to shipmasters approaching unfamiliar ports and berths.
Many entries also benefit from ACE Reports (Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced) at given ports and facilities. This invaluable information, supplied by shipmasters, officers and others at the front end of the maritime industry, provides a unique insight into the facilities and conditions encountered by fellow seafarers.
- The world's best selling port information guide
- 21st edition - totally revised and updated port data
- Four hardback volumes - two of port data text, two of port plans
- Over 6,000 A4 pages, 3,500 of port information
- Almost 4,800 port maps, plans and diagrams (30% in full colour on the CD)
- Over 9,000 ports, terminals and places
- Includes 168 new entries
- Over 3,000 cargo terminals
- Includes 2,700 Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced (ACE Reports)
- Over 62% of updates received direct from Port Authorities
- Free Guide to Port Entry CD with every set
- No advertising, no duplication.
Each entry is divided into two sections, i.e. the Text Section and the Plan Section.
Six categories of plan for easy reference
- Country Plans: showing the location of ports
- Port Location: location of, and approaches to, the ports, harbours and terminals
- Berth Locations: berth numbers and locations
- Berthing Diagrams: individual berth and mooring arrangements
- Berth Equipment: including cranes, manifolds, chicksans, fire-fighting equipment, fendering and much more
- Shipmasters' Plans: drawings/plans as supplied by Shipmasters, Officers, Superintendents and other authoritative sources
- Guide to Port Entry CD includes colour port and harbour plans and maps.
All information appearing in both Guide to Port Entry and Guide to Tanker Ports is included on The Guide on CD and findaport.com.
- Shipping Guides Ltd.