Egyptian Navy Hydrographic Department: Suez Canal Chart SC2, 1st Edition, Dated 15th July 2015
Following the establishment of the New Suez Canal, the Suez Canal Authority along with Egyptian Navy Hydrographic Department have produced two charts to help mariners sail safely in the New Suez Canal.
- SC1, Suez Canal, (Edition 2, dated August 2016)
- SC2, Suez Canal, (Edition 1, dated 15th July 2015)
Accordingly, sailing in the Suez Canal and vessel inspection will be performed only through charts SC1 and SC2 and no vessel will pass Suez Canal without the above charts being on board starting 06 August 2015.
The above information has also been included in UKHO Admiralty
Notice to Mariner Weekly Edition 31, published on UKHO website on 20 July 2015, Pages 2.44 & 2.45.
Suez Canal Great Bitter Lake to Port of Suez
- Panel E. Great Bitter Lake (Al Buhayra Al Morrah Al Kobra) 40,000
- Panel F. Kabret to Suez Bay (Km 120 to Hm 24.0) 40,000
- Panel G. Port Taufig to Gulf of Suez (Km 160 to Km 8.5) 22,500