The 18th Edition of The Ships Atlas builds upon over 30 years of port information research to provide its readers with location information and essential data on global ports and terminals.
This publication has three distinct sections starting with themed global maps on topical maritime subjects such as MARPOL regulations, followed by over 60 pages of detailed map content created by our in-house cartographer Tony Gawn, and finishing with the comprehensive port and terminal index which provides more detail about the ports and terminals depicted within the map section.
The Ships Atlas enables you to:
- Obtain the precise coordinates of global ports, harbours, terminals and marine facilities
- Identify which specific facilities are available at that port using the port symbols
- Gather further port statistics and information from the index
- Obtain further regional specific details
- Determine the distance to other international ports using our distance tables
- View maps providing a wealth of useful information including Maritime Piracy Incidents, International Load Line Zones and Areas, Sensitive Sea Areas, MARPOL 73/78, Global Wind Patterns, Countries, Standard Time Zones, Ocean Currents, International Navigating Conditions and Global Distribution of Major Diseases (many sold separately)
- Access more comprehensive information on shipping facilities than any other commercial shipping atlas available including, the lat/long, UNLOCODE, maximum size vessel permissible, nearest airport, fuel and medical availability
The Ships Atlas can be used separately or in conjunction with Guide to Port Entry as a quick reference to the location and facilities available at the port, harbour or terminal.